Sunday, April 8, 2007

Would You Buy A Dunkin' Donuts Cup for $2,000 This Guy Did

Can you believe the fun just never stops or at least the craziness just never stops on eBay. I was looking around the website to find interesting things to sell on eBay and trying to find great soruces of products to sell and I found this interesting book called Side Show Auctions. Well this little guide looks fun and very interesting and it is tapping into an on going crazy phenomena of selling qierd, and unique items on eBay.

About six months back I read about a guy who sold a coke can for like 200 dollars or something. The top had blown off of it and the coke inside was "mysteriously" gone. Anyway a coke can for $200 seems like just about enough.

Then today I read about another auction. This one is a guy who sold a Dunkin' DOnuts (popular chain donut store) for over $2,000. Not only that this was not just one person that was crazy and over bid or made some stupid mistake. No this auction had a total of 35 bids! Can you believe it. Check out the $2,000 Dollar Dunkin' Donuts Cup right here it has been added to eBay's archieve section so everyone can see it.

So what do you think? Just plain stupid or marketing genuis? I guess it depends on what side of the fence you are on. As a eBay seller I think wow I want to do that. The upside profit potential onthis one item is enough to make your head spina nd I think about hte marketing genius of this guy! Which of course leads me to be interested in Side Show Auctions. So if you get a chacne check it out and let me know what you think of either the Dunkin' Donuts guy or The Side Show Auctions

Anyone else have a razy product that sold for some insane amount?

No comments: